The project is located in Palmeira do Piauí, in the state of Piauí, and it aims to promote local development allied to the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity related to buriti. The initiative lasted between January 2010 and September 2011 and was supported by Natura Cosméticos.
The project aimed to contribute to the organization and strengthening of buriti oil producers, as well as promoting cultural appreciation. Another objective was the achievement of sustainable management of the buriti fruit in order to support the buriti oil production chain. There was also the dissemination of the work done by publishing educational materials to be distributed in rural communities and schools in the region.
- Biodiversity conservation.
- Knowledge dissemination.
- Local development.
- Organization and strengthening of buriti oil producers.
- Cultural appreciation.
- Sustainable management of buriti fruit.
- Support to the productive chain of the buriti oil.
- Publication of teaching materials.